Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Chip n\' a Chair.........and no bad flops

OK....mine was as dramatic....just not with such a happy ending.....at least the best one. I have gotten down to 19 chips and taken 2nd in a SNG on Paradise....but that's not close to this.

I was in my first multi on Party (yes it was bound to be a learning experience)...$30 buy in. I can't even remember how, but I get knocked down to T26 with about half the field gone.....table leader has something like T6,500....I wait and make my move when a lot of people limp in and I figure if I pull out the draw I might as well get as much action as possible....obviously I win or the story over. Well, I go on to double/triple/quadruple up a few times and literally within 20 minutes I have the table lead with like T6,200......1 more big score gets me TOURNEY CHIP LEAD @ T10,000+.........AND THEN........I call to see a flop for only the amount of the BB...have no idea how many stayed but only know that the guy to my immediate right goes ALL-in on the flop.......he has T8,000+.......but since I flopped a full boat I'm happy to try and take a huge chip lead to almost T18,000.....I call.............and he shows me his HIGHER boat that HE flopped.......the entire table types the gratuitous "ouch" or "wow" or "It had to end sometime.....".

I just stared at my screen in utter disbelief......maybe online poker just isn't a good idea is ringing through my mind.........tilt isn't an option because I can't reach for the mouse....I'm a vegetable. About 3 hands later I had 2 pair and call an all-in by someone who had me covered and they catch the river to make their flush. I'm broke...I'm done....in like 10 out of the money (like I care about getting the buy in back at that point anyway).

I think I slept for 45 minutes that night if that.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Chip n\' a Chair.........and no bad flops

Did the guy who doubled up on you end up winning?
Old 01-22-2004, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Chip n\' a Chair.........and no bad flops

No....I think it was the person who I temporarily stole the chip lead from.....he was in the top 5 from the 1st break on I think. I couldn't stay to watch the rest....I had to try to go to sleep. I think I played 1 SNG to try and "bring it down" a bit....but played far too aggresively....I was way on tilt. Then went to try to sleep.