Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 12:35 AM

Default stickies...now that we have a moderator...

Citanul,

Could you please sticky Shadow's favorite posts lists and current and future digests? SS has started stickying their weekly digests and other forums have stickied posts similar to Shadow's.

These are two separate requests so please treat them as such. In order of preference they are 1) stickying Shadow's post and 2) stickying current and future digests.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: stickies...now that we have a moderator...

[ QUOTE ]
Citanul,

Could you please sticky Shadow's favorite posts lists and current and future digests? SS has started stickying their weekly digests and other forums have stickied posts similar to Shadow's.

These are two separate requests so please treat them as such. In order of preference they are 1) stickying Shadow's post and 2) stickying current and future digests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember Citanul saying he was against this as it put too much information right in the faces of the people that aren't willing to contribute to the forum.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:47 AM

You know there is a button that you can press to put a thread in your favorite thread lists.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:47 AM

why is a moderator needed on this forum ?
Old 07-09-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know there is a button that you can press to put a thread in your favorite thread lists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, smartass.

The point was so new and old posters could find and contribute to interesting threads get lost in the shuffle. See Pergesu's post in the June Digest 2.0 post.

All the other major forums sticky these kind of threads. Check out SSL.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:11 AM

I like this forum just as it is, thank you.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point was so new and old posters could find and contribute to interesting threads get lost in the shuffle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. It's not just about convenience and being lazy (though I am). I think making these threads more accessible promotes discussion. We'll put more into them get more out of them. Everybody wins.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point was so new and old posters could find and contribute to interesting threads get lost in the shuffle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. It's not just about convenience and being lazy (though I am). I think making these threads more accessible promotes discussion. We'll put more into them get more out of them. Everybody wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean it promotes repeated discussions. Which we already have. Is my ROI sustainable? What kind of cash percentage is good? I think ICM is full of [censored]. I don't want to repeat stuff over and over. I really want to talk about individual HHs mostly.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:41 AM

OK you make a good point: there comes a time when some discussions have run their course and need to just fade away. I was thinking it'd be nice to have something like Gigabets Theory of Stack Sizes tacked to the top of the forum so it could keep going, but now it's sort of descended into "i don't believe math" vs. "math, math, math" and I doubt much else will come out of it.

So then the argument for stickies comes back to the being lazy part. If you want less repetition, wouldn't it be best to have some central posts that cover things like the sustainability of results, target ROIs etc so people don't have to ask? Not trying to be difficult, but do you think in this sense stickies would help, or is this not the thing that's annoying you? I think like...4 or 5 general info threads tacked to the top followed by just a bunch of individual HH discussions (and a fair amount of ass-clownery given this crowd) would make for a pretty clean, productive forum. What do you think, Chuck?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK you make a good point: there comes a time when some discussions have run their course and need to just fade away. I was thinking it'd be nice to have something like Gigabets Theory of Stack Sizes tacked to the top of the forum so it could keep going, but now it's sort of descended into "i don't believe math" vs. "math, math, math" and I doubt much else will come out of it.

So then the argument for stickies comes back to the being lazy part. If you want less repetition, wouldn't it be best to have some central posts that cover things like the sustainability of results, target ROIs etc so people don't have to ask? Not trying to be difficult, but do you think in this sense stickies would help, or is this not the thing that's annoying you? I think like...4 or 5 general info threads tacked to the top followed by just a bunch of individual HH discussions (and a fair amount of ass-clownery given this crowd) would make for a pretty clean, productive forum. What do you think, Chuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I like one stickie. Second of all, the FAQ covers the part I highlighted above. That being said, I frankly don't mind the monthly SS Digest concept in the SSHE, but it's not necessary.

Finally, of all posts not to stickie, Gigabet's theory of stacksizes should be on the top of the list. No disrespect intended to the author of course.