Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2002, 07:50 PM

Default brad agrees with lawyers!

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/stories...ire080102a.htm

--------------------------------

This landmark case brings into question whether a physician can remove healthy, normal tissue from unconsenting minors for non-therapeutic reasons, and whether a parent can legally consent to a medically non-indicated surgery for a minor child. Svoboda is convinced that this case will have a major impact on circumcision in the U.S. "Doctors ignore a lot of medical literature," he said, "and they ignore the screams of the babies, but they listen when they hear the word 'malpractice.' As a lawyer willing to sue, I' ve never had a doctor not listen to me."

----------------------------------
Old 08-04-2002, 07:59 PM

Default Re: brad agrees with lawyers!

I think circumcision is probably a good thing as it makes personal hygiene easier. I don't know of any benefit to having a foreskin (or an appendix for that matter) although I can think of several drawbacks (no pun intended;-))
Old 08-04-2002, 08:18 PM

Default A Bad Lawyer?

".....but they listen when they hear the word 'malpractice.' As a lawyer willing to sue, I' ve never had a doctor not listen to me."

----------------------------------

My guess is that it's guys like Svoboda, who appear eager to sue over practically anything, who have caused medical malpractice rates to skyrocket (in turn raising what doctors charge, which in turn raises our costs of health insurance). Not to mention clogging our court systems.

A frivolous lawsuit IMO. Any adult circumcised as a baby should probably be glad for it (even if they haven't thought about it).
Old 08-04-2002, 11:04 PM

Default Re: A Bad Lawyer?

yea it raises costs alot. but since large jury awards, you find big companies and doctors and the others that have lots to lose, alot more careful in what they do. thats the good part.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:34 PM

True malpractice should be dealt with properly and your point is valid.

It's just the frivolous cases that get my goat (auto cases too). Sometimes the lawyers and clients both know it's a crock, but they also know it can be cheaper for the other party to settle than to fight.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:28 AM

"Any adult circumcised as a baby should probably be glad for it."

For one, I'm glad it was done when I was a baby. I'd be too much of a baby to have it done now.

John
Old 08-05-2002, 02:32 AM

Anybody who watxhes Sex and the City should realize that it's a good thing.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:12 PM

Default Re: brad agrees with lawyers!

While circumcision does provide some health benefits, it has also been linked with lower pain thresholds (i.e. those who have been circumcised experience pain to a higher degree than those who have not.) Food for thought.