Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:02 PM

Default capped on all streets

Poker Room 3/6 no reads on MP1

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Hero raises, MP folds, MP1 3-bets, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, 4 folds, Hero caps, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 handed)
Hero bets, MP1 raises, MP3 folds, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, Hero calls

Turn: (10.5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 handed)
Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, Hero calls

River: (18.5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 handed)
Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, Hero calls

Final Pot: 26.5 BB

Comments?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: capped on all streets

I almost had that exact same hand today. KK turned a boat. The villian flipped over quads and I ended up losing 11BB.

Nice hand.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:29 PM

You can't possibly be questioning anything about this hand.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:30 PM

MP3 cold call of 3 bets is odd. Can't put him on any hand other than QQ, but why not cap, or AKo or AQo. He folds when his QQ is no good and/or his A isn't of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

You have to ram the flop with top set because he may be A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Ko so you have to charge him for his draw. Although with case K and A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he has a super strong hand as well even if you have a set of Js. If he has AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you are behind and he is loving things. If he has a set of Js, then he's way behind but playing it right. If he has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Jo his 3 bet is unlikely preflop.

Turn J and his cap means that he has quad J or nut [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush. If it's the quads he's in great shape and you're drawing to 1 out. If he's got the heart flush, he's drawing dead.

I can't put him on any other hand. The river makes that clear. You have the nut boat. He either has quads or the nut flush. At some point he has to question his flush if he's a smart player. You called the cap on the turn. You bet out the river. Since he has to put you on a boat, once the board paired, or even quad J given the betting history, he should have frozen and just called the bet or even the 3rd bet with a flush. Could he possibly have KJs? for bottom boat? That's better than the flush, but with two pair, could he possible be so aggressive post flop? I don't think so.

At this point I would put him on quad J and just called the raise on the river.

I know I rambled a bit, but that's my thinking. Don't fear the monster unless he is representing the monster and so are you and he keeps representing it.