Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2003, 10:46 AM

Default 2 nl 100 party hands

A. 1st nl party hand
It’s 12 no limit holdem on Party. There are two callers. I’m in the small blind with q4diamonds. I call. The big blind checks.

Flop comes 4h4c5h and it’s checked around. I checked hoping someone could make something on the turn. The turn was the Ace of hearts. I check again, hoping someone hit an ace and will bet.

It goes check check, the button bets 15.00. He has about 200.00 and I have around 120.00. I call and the other 2 players fold, leaving about 38.00 in the pot.

The river is an 8 ofclubs.

I bet 16.00 and the button calls. He shows me the jack eight of hearts and takes down the pot with the flush.

Comments: I didn’t have much knowledge of the player, but I put him on having an ace. Shortly after I recalled a play that should have given me a hint about the player. He was in the sb and me the bb. It was folded to him and he folded the small blind. I won the pot in the bb because everyone folded.

Seeking opinions on my play of this hand.

B. another nl 100 party hand.

chip count
me 250
opp 100

I’m under the gun with ace king. It’s 12nlhm on party. I raise the 11.00 and get one caller. Flop is 8d, 7d, 2h. I lead out and bet 11, my opponent goes all-in for around 94.00. Of course, I fold.

This is pretty much a routine play, which is why I’m interested in feedback. The game was decent, by that I mean the pots were averaging over 100.00. Several stacks had over 200.00.
A. Comments on my preflop raise of 11.00? Alternative suggestions for preflop play.
B. Comments on leading for 11.00 on the flop (heads up). Any alternative recommended plays here? Like to hear them.

Old 09-14-2003, 11:43 AM

Default Re: 2 nl 100 party hands

Hand 1

you can't slowplay trips on the flop when there is a straight and flush draw on the board, bet and make them pay to draw, standard tactics - if there were no draws (especially flush) then your play would be fine

i think your read should have been quite easy, the bets that were made were for value

Hand 2

play was fine, raise was fine for UTG, you don't always have to raise AKo here, being a UTG limper should carry some weight... obviously you were raised all in on the flop as you were put on overcards and you have to fold really

if you wanted to you could have represented an overpair by betting but that really hurts when you run into small sets

Jon