Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Weird question....

Ok, so i have played for a little bit and i hit the magic $500 at a site and cashed out to netteller to get the bonus at another site and i just checked my netteller account and they did two deposits for the $500, so my balance is $1000. i'm not going to say the name of the site but any ideas what i should do??? i just looked at the W/D options at netteller and it will let me pull out the entire amount and i checked my balance at the poker site and it was 0, which i guess if it were correct it would be (-500). i also looked at the W/D history at the poker site and it only had one $500 W/D listed. any thoughts? i'm hoping i'm just really lucky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Weird question....

Clearly the moral thing to do would be to contact Neteller and tell them what happened so they can take the proper action. I would recommend starting with Neteller rather than the poker site.

To preempt those who are going to say they wouldn't do the same in return . . . yes, they probably would at least if it is one of the "major" sites. When you move your money enough times eventually something like this happens, a deposit times out before it registers on both ends, etc. and usually it takes no more than a phone call and a day or two to get it cleared up.

In any event, the $500 has to come from somewhere and either the site or Neteller is going to discover the error soon enough. When they do there is probably nothing legal they can really do to you, but if you'd like to continue using Neteller to play poker you'll likely have to settle up at some point - it might as well be now.

That's my .02 anyway.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:07 PM

Wow, an ethics question. I'm not gonna be preachy and tell you that fessing up about this is the right thing to do, nor will I fault you for keeping the money. I guess it depends on yr personal ethos.

(For me it would depend on who it was. PokerStars would likely get thier money back, but Party... that my money now!)
Old 07-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Well it may be bad karma to me, but if it was the poker site's fault then i dont feel bad about it at all. if it was netteller, then i'll give it back because i want to keep using them. anyways, i guess i'm just in wait and see mode because i'm sure when someone finds out they'll email me. if not, then it's my gain...
Old 07-03-2005, 09:08 PM

Karma, shmarma... stealing is wrong. give the money back- $500 isn't a big deal or anything (right? if it is, you've got a dilema that's your own to solve). Maybe send them an email explaingin their error, and ask for a bonus for reporting it, so you don't come up totally empty handed.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:15 PM

Not to be holier than thou, but since someone's asked an ethical question I feel entitled to give an ethical answer.

[ QUOTE ]
stealing is wrong. give the money back

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Not to say that I always live up to my own moral beliefs, but I feel like acting with integrity is important if you expect others to treat you with integrity. Not that they always do, of course....