Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Pocket KK

No reads.

I have two questions on this one.

Despite the fact that I had no read on MP3, was calling the turn raise when the 3rd spade fell OK?

When the Q fell and SB donk bet, was calling the river OK despite the fact that I might be looking at a raise from MP3? (I never found out what MP3 had because he was disconnected)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 disconnected.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 10-12-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Pocket KK

That must have sucked for mp3. I put him on the flush.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 PM

You're in a tough spot. Playing in the middle, coordinated board, big pot. I call the turn raise, and hope to get a cheap showdown.

When SB donkbets the river, I call (SB could be betting A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), and fold if it's 2 back to me. This is just a shitty hand and you're 3rd best.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:14 PM

calling down is fine IMHO, the way that hand looks, my guess is he hit a set on the flop.. JJ maybe? I dont know too many suited cards other than AK, where i will cap a flop, AQ and stuff will I will normally just call a 3-bet... what do you guys think? is that too weak? I would probably have played the hand the same if I have JJ and hit my set.

what hands will ppl cap with in this situation?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:18 PM

With the turn raise, I fear slow played JJ, 99, or a flush. However, I would call down.
River: The donk bet probably means a straight. I would fear the raise by MP3 and would probably fold here, but I am weak.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the turn raise, I fear slow played JJ, 99, or a flush. However, I would call down.
River: The donk bet probably means a straight. I would fear the raise by MP3 and would probably fold here, but I am weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about the 99, but a slowplayed JJ is definitely possible. Only other possiblity in a projected 3-bet range is AKs, and I don't think he has it.

MP3's disconnect pretty much confirms he has a set: he doesn't want to pay off the donkbet straight/flush that SB has.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:39 PM

Oh yeah, to answer your questions: I do think the call on the turn is ok. The river call I'm not so sure... The pot is pretty big, but MP3(if not disconnected) is probably going to raise here if he DOES have the flush.

I guess without reads I call, though I'm pretty darn sure I'm beat.

You said that MP3 got his hand folded? I thought Party had Disconnect protection?