Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Am I correct to raise this flop with just a flush draw?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Also, should I have kept betting? Afterwards I thought maybe everyone would have folded to my "trip 9s."
Old 08-08-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Am I correct to raise this flop with just a flush draw?

With 4 players in on the flop, the value-cap is standard.

I definitely wouldn't bet the turn though:
1) There's three players to fold, which is going to happen very rarely.
2) The pot is so freakin' huge everyone will have odds to draw to anything, and nobody will want to let go.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct to raise this flop with just a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you don't have a gutshot or an overcard??
Old 08-08-2005, 03:57 AM

I would strongly consider betting the turn. If all 3 players call, it's for value, if 1 or 2 fold maybe you buy some ace outs, and a free showdown if you hit an ace or even five.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:15 AM

Once the flop comes in you're drawing to the nuts flush and the second nuts gut shot. I'd be counting this as having 12 outs (9 for flush and 3 for the straight), and if any of those come in you are way ahead in this hand.

That board pair on the turn would concern me as someone may have spiked the set on the flop. Bet that turn and see if you get raised. If you weren't last to act I'd say c/r. If you get raised I'd call it down and see the river.

If the river is a no go then it's an easy fold, if you hit your cards then bet and call a raise. You're good most of the time here if you hit your card.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would strongly consider betting the turn. If all 3 players call, it's for value, if 1 or 2 fold maybe you buy some ace outs, and a free showdown if you hit an ace or even five.

[/ QUOTE ]

It'd suck to get c/r, and our equity isnt high enough to bet IMO.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:22 AM

A235 is a straight draw with your flush draw and the A overcard. 9 outs for the flush, 2 for the straight (dropping 1 for it being 2nd nuts), 1 for the A over card (dropping 2 for the times you're outkicked, and .5 for the 5 (under the assumption nobody hit any of there outs and were playing draws).

So, you had 13.5 outs that's 50% to hit with 2 cards to come - raise, 1) you could hit your card, it's value and 2) you could cause someone to fold, buying more outs for the river.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:23 AM

I can't hit the raise button fast enough on this flop.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:43 AM

I haven't looked at the other responses, but I am definitely raising this on the flop. Ok, so you lose the SB, but you've got four other players trapped for one more bet. When BB 3-bets and gets two callers, I think you've still got the equity to cap it as they are hardly giving up for one more bet.

So, with the cap, you're putting int 25% of the money and winning the pot ~37% of the time.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:22 PM

FLOP: Raise very gOOt.

TURN: With that turn card, and it being checked to you, a bet could have folded two players but probably not BB. There was the danger of him checkraising also. In retrospect it looks like a bet on the turn and another on the river might have folded BB. But that wouldn't have been so clear prior to the event.