Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2002, 12:16 PM

Default PokerStars Freeroll

I have enough FPP points to play in one of the freerolls for a WSOP seat. One is this afternoon and the other is next weekend. I'm pretty sure that there will be many more entered in today's tournament than next week, but I really want to play today. I know that delayed gratification is the sign of an adult, but I WANNA WIN A SEAT IN THE WSOP TODAY.

It's also snowing like crazy, and with the ski lifts closed, it's either play poker or read about poker. Rapunzel's TPFAP arrived yesterday in the mail, thank you Mason, and I have a few pages left in the Omaha 8/B section of Ray Z's book. Which I may say, I picked-up alot of stuff I had forgotten from previous readings.

Now, seating for an afternoon and reading how to play NL limit tournaments properly, instead of playing in one, with my current record of ZERO in-the-money cashes, would most likely be a good thing.

Good luck, to everyone who plays today.

MS Sunshine
Old 04-20-2002, 02:54 PM

Default I see you caved in and entered!! [img]/images/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck...besides...if it doesn't work out this week, you have a full week to earn another 3000 FPP!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 05:58 PM

Default Re: PokerStars Freeroll

I am at your table now (nummerfire) and I just hate the way you keep reraising me !

Kim
Old 04-21-2002, 12:58 PM

My record of ZERO cashes is still intact.

$75 ante $600-$1200 blinds 51 players left.

I'm SB with an average stack $9100.

Cut-off first-in raises to $4800, we started about the same. I go all-in with AKo and he calls with QTo.

He hits a ten at the river and doubles-up, finishing 6th.

I hate poker.

MS Sunshine
Old 04-21-2002, 05:56 PM

John, (I say John because I believe it was you playing and not Les)...

I followed you throughout the tourney until your elimination. Not a bad performance.

Apparently you must have thought CO was stealing but your move is still questionable. I do agree that if you are to play, all-in is better than calling. I can't remember what the CO chip stack was but think of it this way. He brings it in for $4800 (4x the BB) which is a reasonable bring in. If the $4800 was more than half his stack, he's telling you that he's pretty much committed (unless he's got total rags...and Q-10 is not IMO total rags). And if he's got a big stack then he won't be hurt much more (he's already in $4800) if someone (you) comes over the top. If you had him covered by double or more then your move would make more sense to me.

Now you have an average stack of $9100. You are not short stacked and are not in jeapardy of being blinded off (yet).

I think your all-in move is disputable unless you feel there is a good chance CO is capable of laying down to your moderate all-in raise.

Remember there is "always" the chance also that the CO picked up a bigger hand than you saw.

As I was watching you throughout the tourney, I did pick up on (IMO) a leak in your game that might also have led to his decision to call you.

I won't post it but if you want to talk about it, email me.

KC50

P.S. Hope to see you and Les at the WSOP.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:10 AM

This tournament's prize structure was very top heavy. The balance between survival and winning every chip is tilted in the latter's direction.

I am not saying CO played the hand poorly, once I come over the top he is pretty much stuck with calling, if there is any chance I'm on less than a premium hand. He had a few more chips than me at the start of the hand.

I had showed a few resteals during this tournament, although I had just arrived at this table. AKo vs a raise from steal position was one of the situations I was looking for to double up.

MS Sunshine

p.s. We will be in Las Vegas starting this Wednesday.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:02 AM

I know you weren't saying he played it badly and it looks like my thinking process was right there with yours.

"This tournament's prize structure was very top heavy. The balance between survival and winning every chip is tilted in the latter's direction".

I agree that even though each one at the final table would receive at least $100, I would prefer (and play) to get there with a machine gun rather than a pistol.

Hope to run into you at the WSOP.

KC50
Old 04-22-2002, 09:13 AM

Default This was not me!

I did not post the above thread posted by Planet Player. Maybe I have a fan club, LOL!

J, although I agree with your logic, I still think your move at this point was questionable and probably would have waited to commit all my chips.

I do hope to run into you and your wife at the WSOP though.

KC50
Old 04-22-2002, 09:32 AM

Default LOL! Good try!

ROFKMLITA!

maybe you do have a fan club! - see post below:

"Internet Gambling

Re: My Mouth Got Me in Trouble

Posted By: Planet Player

Date: Friday, 19 April 2002, at 1:21 p.m.

In Response To: Re: My Mouth Got Me in Trouble (Nakor)

I play with KC at Planet at the LL (I think he probably plays higher in live games) and consider him a class act (not only as a player but an individual as well)...HOWEVER, he is capable of stirring up things by his comments or replies to others comments, WITHOUT being critical of anothers play. Or sometimes he'll just sit there and you won't hear a peep out of him (or should I say read his words). Then all of a sudden POW! Wait a minute. Where'd he come from? Too late, the pots already being pushed to KC50! I would compare it to how Mike Caro talks about his own antics on the felt. It sounds like the game was very passive, not much raising with a lot of limping before the flop and he just wanted to cause some discomfort with those were accustomed to being able to limp. It sounds like he was successful in doing that, I might add. I'm sure he meant what he said here and when he told you that at the table."

Old 04-22-2002, 10:43 AM

Default Re: LOL! Good try!

Mike,

ROFKMLITA! Never seen this acronym, what does it mean?

I just read the post in your reply. It sounds like you're implying I am my own fan club. I assure you that is not the case and I did not compose either replies as Planet Player...

I have read several of your posts and used to think of you as level headed and uncritical of others.

KC50