Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 06:13 PM

Default microlimit turn c/r special

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

SB is average

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 06-28-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Re: microlimit turn c/r special

Check/Fold or Check Call. I'd check/fold on the river if another straight card came down like a king or a ten.

I'd put him on KT here, completing his straight. That or a J9s two pair.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:42 PM

I'd bet on KT and know that you're drawing to a split and he's got some of your outs.

I'd feel OK about folding here, but I can also see calling and check/folding the turn unimproved.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:13 PM

I think I'd call it down. Folding doesn't seem too bad either but I'm stubborn. You could easily be drawing dead.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet on KT and know that you're drawing to a split and he's got some of your outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What outs are you thinking of here? Hero has no straight draw that I can see.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:20 PM

You just need the to catch your runner runner on 6th street...

I'm on like zero sleep...
Old 06-28-2004, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd call it down. Folding doesn't seem too bad either but I'm stubborn. You could easily be drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've realized that I almost never drop in these situations unless I'm just on overcards or there's some multi-way action, but at times it seems like I'm paying off like a cash machine. Not my cash machine, mind you, but those regular type ones that you can get money out of at least sometimes.

In any case, I'm re-evaluating. This is clearly one of the most consistent indicators that your TP or two pair is behind, and I'm wondering if it's not better to just drop and risk more observant players taking a pop at you. I'm likely calling a LAG or habitual bluffer down whatever the case, but is it out of line to consider dropping a lot of the time when the c/r comes from an average player?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is clearly one of the most consistent indicators that your TP or two pair is behind, and I'm wondering if it's not better to just drop and risk more observant players taking a pop at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an example of how online play and live play are different. Live there are MANY players who I would easily fold TPTK heads up after being 3 bet on the turn, I'd even say that I'd fold against most live players in this circumstance. But online, absent a very solid read or some PT stats, I think that most of the time you have to just suck it up and call it down. Only because the pot is so big that the fact that a laydown is correct againt more than 50% of all players is not nearly enough to make it profitable. And there are some players both online and live where you should call this down.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But online, absent a very solid read or some PT stats, I think that most of the time you have to just suck it up and call it down. Only because the pot is so big that the fact that a laydown is correct againt more than 50% of all players is not nearly enough to make it profitable. And there are some players both online and live where you should call this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I agree. Thanks for the perspective.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:22 PM

I believe you have no hand that can beat your friends. You could be going against 2 pair, set on flop, or a made straight. All which you are drawing thin. Someone stated this pot is big...ummm it's 7 BBs or so, that isn't big.