Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 01:49 AM

Default So I played a few 22s tonight

From the 4 22s I played tonight in each of my tourneys the players are crazier than the players at the 11s. I took you guys advise and put some of my bank roll at Party. Through the 1st four tourneys my finishes are 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 3rd. Not bad, but I am curious to why you say the 22s are harder or did I just get good tables? I just found this to be strange.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: So I played a few 22s tonight

saturday night.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:38 AM

The difference between the 11s and 22s is small, but mainly there will be slightly fewer maniacs, but in general there isnt that much of a jump. If you can beat the 11s and have a sufficient bankroll for the 22s I would suggest moving up to them. As well as the increase in rakeback...its all about the rakeback.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:49 AM

I'm a low LHE cash game player that has little clue of what to do, but these things are way to good not to play.

Brad
Old 05-22-2005, 03:03 AM

LOL, I did the same thing tonight for a lark, and was constantly writing notes on the moronic play I saw. I even added a guy to my buddy list.

I only played 8, and got a first and two seconds. But man, was I robbed on both seconds by people calling with the same preposterous hands they do in the 10's and 5's. I came in a monster chip leader both times and lost to multiple suck-outs both times. It was super-suck-out-city in general.

I did notice more pushing and stealing attempts earlier. One person kept trying to steal in level 3, and eventually busted out early. There was in general a little more stealing at all levels.

I kind of like that, though. People who steal more often fold more, too, since they understand the gap. It can get aggravating when people make all those macho calls and vengeance calls in these games, and a few less of those means I get a few more chances to get away with stealing myself. So anyway, I don't mind more stealing against me if there are also more opportunities for me to steal. The calling standards were about the same. I had plenty of practice rolling my eyes, like usual.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a low LHE cash game player that has little clue of what to do, but these things are way to good not to play.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep that to yourself, Brad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Last thing we need is a bunch of small stakesters over here!
Old 05-22-2005, 03:11 AM

The 20s are obviously harder than the 10s... so yah, you probably scored some nice tables. They really aren't that much harder on average, though. It's not suprising you ran into some great tables.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:14 AM

Heh now I'm being subborn and playing the 33's. Damn I'm a fool, and yeah I don't spread the word about these things to the micro folk. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]