Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Real strange hand with 66

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Well on the flop, i was planning on C/Ring the raiser to eliminate the BB. After the BB bet i figured id call and see what happened on the turn.

On the turn obviously i was looking for the CR on my wonderful catch...that hit the shitter.

What the hell should i have done here?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Real strange hand with 66

EDIT- sh*t i thought it was a button raise. I prob fold pf seeing its an utg raise. gay?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:29 PM

i won the hand...but i'll try 3betting more often in situations like this.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:50 PM

I'd fold pre-flop without a maniacial read on UTG (and then I'd 3-bet) and fold the flop in your situation. On the flop, even if you have the best hand presently, there are too few turn cards you'd like to see given the odds being offered, and even the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is problematic given BB's donk without a read on what he donks with sometimes. I think you have a serious reverse-implied odds situation on your hands in this hand.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:51 PM

I wouldn't 3-bet PF. You went for the turn C/R &amp; got screwed.. it happens. You don't want to get crazy 3-betting on the river. I think you played it as best you can given the situation.