Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Movie details that bugged you

In Spiderman 2, how was Doctor Octopus going hit for hit with Spiderman? Spiderman is far superior when it comes to strength - one hit should have been sure to knock out any normal guy. The robotic arms did not make Doc Oc anymore stronger or invulnerable.

This detail bugged me. What are other details in movies that have bugged you?
Old 01-24-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Movie details that bugged you

He had the will of the robotic arms since they were controlling him, which meant he was going to keep on fighting till the death.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:40 AM

That one bugged me too.

In Friday Night Lights, they are clearly preparing for the last play of the game, as they are out of timeouts and there is very little time left.

So the guy runs in and gets a first down before the endzone.... and they are acting all happy? The clock would have run out and they would have lost... but instead, there is a penalty, and they get another play?

I hate in general when sports movies are made and the director seems to think the audiences don't care about any specific details of a football game.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:51 AM

I hate it that phones rings more quickly in movies. I know you are trying to fit everything into 90 minutes, but can't you just let the damn phone ring every 4 seconds or whatever it does in real life?

KJS
Old 01-24-2005, 04:01 AM

In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (I know, I know.. it's a bunch of lifelike turtles, etc.. however), as Shredder drinks the ooze, he becomes super huge. The obscure detail is that his whole outfit grows proportionally as well.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:38 AM

I realize that most of you hate this movie, but... In Napoleon Dynamite, when Napoleon is calling Kip and asking him to pick him up, bring him his Chapstick, etc. they keep cutting back and forth from the school office and the kitchen. From one cut to another the cheese on top of the nachos grows exponentially, and it is definitely more cheese than any mere mortal could possibly shred in a few seconds. I noticed that one time when I was drunk... I thought it was real funny.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:40 AM

this one has always bugged me - in Rounders, after Mike and Worm chop up the trust fund kids. Worm and Mike head into the City and Mike sets up Worm at the Chesterfield on credit, then goes home and gets popped by the old lady for the roll of cash in his pocket (snooping bitch).

Why doesn't Mike just give the $900 or so they won to Worm, plenty of roll for a decksmith like him and let Worm fend for himself for a bankroll with $900? Instead he takes ALL the money, stakes Worm with Credit under himself (Mike), his girlfriend finds the 900 roll and ends up leaving him eventually because he lies to her about playing. Seems like the story could have been really cool, but this is what they came up with instead. Not trying to give the Rounders hard core any disrespect I mean its the Best movie about Poker and all since 'Cincy, so we'll take it but think about what a Rounders 2 storyline would be in this day and age, I would hope deeper then the orig.
Plus my vote for the title: 'Rounder' funny the writers are touted for the 'Tilt' series, I never thought the movie was very well written but was inspiring to watch and had a generation X feel with the quick scenes cutting quickly from place to place, that made it easy to watch and was visually entertaining as well.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (I know, I know.. it's a bunch of lifelike turtles, etc.. however), as Shredder drinks the ooze, he becomes super huge. The obscure detail is that his whole outfit grows proportionally as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in my unrated version it doesn't.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in my unrated version it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

strange, I just got finished watching the rated version an hour ago.. and , well, it did.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:33 PM

Ok, was I the only one who got soo pissed off at the end of Signs when I found out that the Aliens were alergic to freaking water! What was the aliens' plan when it rained? Talk about being short-sighted. What was the alien board meeting that came up with this genius idea? "Well, everyone, we found this planet thats perfect, but there's one thing, 2/3rds of the planet is covered with deadly poisonous acid, and sometimes deadly poisonous acid just falls from the sky." God I hated that movie!