View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Default positive chip EV, negative $EV? Im looking for some examples.

howdy. Long time listener, first time caller here. I figured id get off my fat ass and actually aquire a membership here so I can participate in a more meaningfull way.

I was trying to think of examples in which youd expect to gain chips in the long run, yet lose money in the long run. I realize that its in your best interest to avoid large confrontations in which your edge is small especially in the begining. I was thinking more about cases when your on the bubble and theres a short stack one away from the big blind that doesnt have the big blind covered. It might be correct to fold almost any two cards if someone with a larger stack than yours pushes.

Ive come up with a couple more but im sure theres alot of situations like that out there. Im also wondering if some of the programs that calculate fold equity take this (prize structure) into account.

Also if you find yourself in a situation with a fairly strong hand and you suspect that the raiser knows what you know (your going to fold a HUGE range of hands in this position) should you still fold?