View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: still freezing up when 8-tabling

[ QUOTE ]
i posted a week or two ago about how my computer was freezing up during an 8-table session almost every time. i play STTs, so this is obviously a huge problem. i can't imagine i have a hardware deficiency...specs:

radeon x800 512MB VRAM (dual DVI)
P4 2.8GHz
1GB RAM
2 Dell 2001FPs

i'll be able to play for about a half hour, then it totally freezes up on me, and i have to wait a good few minutes before the tables pop back up (this usually involves minimizing them all first [for some reason that works].).

this happens even if i have absolutely no other software running. i've run virus, spyware, and other diagnostics, and defragged the HD. Anyone have any suggestions at all? i'm at my wit's end.

thanks a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember suggesting it was due to the HD running like crazy as it read from PT to update the stats on your tables. It really is extremely like to be the problem, unless you've tried shutting down PT and found the problem to persist. If it's a PT issue, I can only think of two possible solutions

- Make sure you've upgraded the database to the new and faster Postgresql format. Both PokerAce and Gametime+ support it BTW, though you'll need to do some tinkering in both PT and the overlay program to be sure it is using it, otherwise it may still be accessing the older base.

- Try asking for assistance at the PT forums, since they will undoubtedly have more ideas.

Albert