View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Bonus Math

[ QUOTE ]

If I buy in for a minimal amount at the $100 tables, I will recieve a FPP for the vast majority of hands I play. I figure I can clear it in about an hour and a half 4-tabling at this level with $40 buy ins.

Does the risk/reward ratio justify this gamble?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are risking more, and I think your reward is lower, so the risk/reward ratio alone doesn't justify this. That you value your time might justify it, though. If you want to make this a math problem, you should determine your win rates when you have a short stack in a tougher game and with a deeper stack in a softer game, your variance in each game, how much you value your time, and your risk aversion.

For those who hadn't considered playing Omaha, it is often a safe, rapid way to clear bonuses because

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The pots are much larger than the blinds. You can play tightly and let other people pay the rake that justifies your bonus.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Many players have no idea how to evaluate a hand, so it is easy to beat the games. Fish get rewarded with making pretty hands to compensate them for losing more.