View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: When Should I Draw?

Wait a second, here...

...so you want to run an office pool where the teams are to be chosen randomly, but you want to have the option of dropping out unless you get the team you want?

Imagine if everyone felt that way. There would clearly be no office pool at all.

In the first scenario you're describing, it's literally just a random gamble for $100 to win $1200, but it gives you some excitement during the football playoffs. This could be fun.

In the second scenario, though, you're basically looking for a way to only enter the raffle if you have a better chance of winning than everyone else. Seems a little edgy to me? =)

Personally, I wouldn't enter a raffle like that if everyone hadn't already paid. What if you got together a group of 12, started picking names, and then two schmucks snuck out the back of the room when they saw the Eagles get chosen. Now you have 10 people in for $100 each, and two un-chosen teams.

...how do you assign people to these teams? Walk around the office saying "who wants a $100 raffle ticket for the 8-8 Rams?"

I don't see how it could work this way. At all.
-DB