View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 11:22 PM

Default Re: How Would You Play this PLH Hand?

Agaist his actual hand you are ahead when you put the money in (two overcards, nut flush draw, backdoor straight) 56-44/53-47 depending on if he held a heart or not. You are making money on every dollar going into the pot so from a FTOP standpoint the question is how do you get him to go all in. If he knew you had AhKh he made a mistake unless he thought you might fold it to his raise.

Against the hands he could of had you are in OK shape. Against AA or TT you are a 3:1 dog or better. His limp call preflop means in most of the opponents I see that he is more likely to have a smaller pair JJ-66. You are a favorite to 5/6s of those and 3:1 dog to 1/6 of them leaving you just about dead even. He could have a draw or a pair and a draw some of which you are a small (assuming there isn't a SF draw) dog to (Jh 9h assuming the 9 isn't a heard you are a 53-47 dog) or a pretty good favorite. I'd jam it up as you did unless my opponent was a good favorite to have a set in this situation. Make him aware all his money is going in the center in these situations.

I can't really see calling as now your lead has evaporated when the turn is a rag and if you are ahead and hit an ace, king, or a heart he is unlikely to pay you off yet if you are behind he will go all in so effectively a call gives him infinite odds on his last $700. I guess if you could really put him on a pair under ten but not a set that you've picked up a queen and possible a jack as extra turn outs but since you are acting second you can't do anything if he just sets you all in.

I couldn't tell if you showed AhKh at the end or if he just made that comment. If you did show I wouldn't have. You are in position and in many clubs do not have to show.