View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: HoH1 Blind Protection

[ QUOTE ]
Again all of this is ONLY WHEN playing a super-aggressive opponent who attacks your blinds often, with both players having semi-deep stacks and neither being pot committed by the blinds or initial raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also really enjoyed both HOH 1&2, but I feel like the situation that you describe here is so limited in SNGs. Maybe it applies in levels 2-4, but I seriously don't care if I feel like someone is stealing my blinds in levels 1-3; it just becomes a matter of what odds the pot is offering in those levels. At higher blind levels, the pots are going to be large enough that the blinds are most likely going to matter to someone. I agree that these passages are useful, but in my opinoin it's more for MTT's. I have a hard time bringing this topic into my STT game, but I could just be missing something.

That said,
New move #1: I defend my blinds with this type of hand (maybe not low suited connectors) anyway Starting Level 6 or so if stealer has been active and I have enough of a stack to get him to fold. The blinds are getting to be a decent size where he's probably gonna have to call anyway if he's got anything halfway decent.

New Move 2: I think in STTs often you will be offering odds to call when you reraise all in. Stop n go is your only option here, and dangerous in a SNG in my experience, though sometimes effective against opponents who play weak/tight after the flop.

New move 3: Again I guess this is just a stop n go. I think a lot of times you *must* lead unless stacks are still very deep. Otherwise a c/r may give any decent pot-sized bet late in the game, when the blinds are worth fighting over, odds to call.