View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 11:54 AM

Default Re: When to show your hand

I can respect that, he who is not Mitch, but it seems to me that most pros will show their hands at various times simply to advertise. Usually it's when they are bluffing. It seems like this should be a tool in the poker toolbox, like anything else.

I'm not advocating showing every hand, but it would seem that a well-timed showing of a hand could be a positive move.

Some of the times I will show (sometimes for comedic value if nothing else) is when I'm in the Big Blind and it gets folded around to me and I have a hand like 27o or AA. When it's 27o, I'll type "thanks" in the chat bar, and when it's AA I'll type "you bastards...lol" or something to that effect. Stupid, I realize, but is there harm in doing this?

The only other time that I will show hands as a rule, is when I make a real grandstand play, which is less than one time in each tourney. I have 94o, I'm shortstacked and I steal the blinds...I'll show the hand so that the next time I go all in with my big hands I'll get a caller...hopefully.

CCC