Thread: Roger Clemens
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Roger Clemens

Because radio sports-talk morons run rampant with many a misconception regarding the world that is american professional athletics.

Of course, Clemens did let himself put on weight and he certainly didn't see terribly competitive in his last years at BOS before Duquette traded him.

But to somehow think that he wouldn't bother trying this year for whatever reason still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...particularly for a guy who is obviously a fierce competitor.

Interestingly, I had a similar situation. I wasn't specifically going after Clemens....but when he was still around when it came to me (2nd or 3rd round, not sure...16 teams) there was no way I was going to pass it up.

Same thing happened in the 1st round. I picked 7th and nobody wanted Barry Bonds. I certainly didn't think I would want Barry Bonds either but the up-side was too huge to let the 8th or 9th team grab him.

So now I've got the aging Hall-of-famers....one of the best hitters EVER and one of the best pitchers EVER....albeit a little past their prime.