View Single Post
Old 09-05-2001, 02:26 PM

Default Re: JJ in \'Low limit\' PLH

Good read this time, but if you replay this situation with JJ a hundred times I doubt you will make any money. I think JJ is the most misplayed hand in big bet poker. There is simply NO flop that is good for your hand that doesn't have a jack in it.

In pot limit and even in no limit, JJ in early position should be treated the same as 77. Get in cheap and try to bust someone who won't believe you made a set.

JJ is a great hand to play passively before the flop because everyone else plays it aggressively. Again, I'm only talking about early position.

When you make your set, you are sure to get paid. They will NEVER believe you didn't raise with JJ. This is especially true if you are doing the right thing and raising liberally from late position. Most players fail to note position when they observe your play. They'll see that you once raised preflop with 87s (when you were on the button) and with 33 (when you were on the button) so how could you possibly have flopped a set of jacks when you only limped in (UTG)?

natedogg