View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Battle of the blinds, flop a set on single-suited board - $33

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see no point in betting the river at all. That board is just way too ugly for someone to call with a hand that doesn't have me beat, if I push. Which is what I'd do, given the size of the pot. I think I get called only by better hands, so I don't stand to gain anything by betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be giving the average 33s player too much credit. He could have something wierd like J8 which has you beat, or be slowplaying a flush (any reads?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks to me like we're saying the same thing...I said I checked behind on the river because he could easily have J8, A8, or basically 8x with a diamond. Or he could be slowplaying a flush.

Any hands I can beat will fold to my all-in. I only get called by a better hand, so there's no point in betting, cause I can never win extra chips, and can only bust.

45suited: I did consider pushing the turn, but I thought a raise to 325 would be just as effective in getting a drawer out as pushing. If he just calls, I have a few more options, and I can choose what I want to do on the river.