View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Battle of the blinds, flop a set on single-suited board - $33

I just called on the flop cause I didn't really see what a raise would do for me. If he comes over the top, am I beat? Who knows...but I'm not layin down a set heads up in the blinds. I'd also prefer to see what the turn is - if it's another diamond, I can get out cheap. If not, hopefully he bets and I can pop it and maybe get some more chips out of it.

My opponent should know with my turn raise that I'm committed to the hand. If he reraises me all-in, I'm obviously calling. If he just calls, it's far more likely he's on a draw or has me beat at this point. I can't see him calling this bet drawing dead, unless he intends to bluff a river diamond. He's getting less than 2-1 on his call here, so he makes a mistake by drawing. Plus I've said I'm willing to play for my stack, so if he wants to come over and gamble, so be it.

I see no point in betting the river at all. That board is just way too ugly for someone to call with a hand that doesn't have me beat, if I push. Which is what I'd do, given the size of the pot. I think I get called only by better hands, so I don't stand to gain anything by betting.