View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Did i play this wrong or just got outdrawn?

ok, EP(50) is fairly tight player .50Bb nolimit pokerstars.

i'm in MP(65). EP raises to $2, folded to me JJ. i call flop is J33. EP bets out $10. i reraise all-in. he calls turn is A. wins with boat to Aces.

Should i have not reraised all-in after his $10 bet. i think either way i would have called any bet down to the river but, for future hands would it have been better to call his bet and when the A came out bet hard. i was thinking he put me on the J with an ace or over pockets which he would have me beat. But, if he didn't have AA would it have been better to smooth call and hope his PP or over cards caught. or was reraising all in the best play and be happy w/ the pot, or him making a call and the turn and river decide fate.

Is it better to slow play this type of hand and hope he doesn't have QQ,KK, or AA, being his hand could improve from the turn to river. I know be me reraising pre-flop and him calling he has over pairs. What if he didn't and just had 2 overcards he probably would have folded and i would have just taken the pot, is that maximizing my chance of winning or is that playing risky.