View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 01:27 PM

Default Type A personality/need advice

I think having this type of personality severely hampers me at the poker table. I can't seem to build a bankroll because I'm too impatient to grind the low limits.

Here's an example, I started playing with a 300 bankroll. I knew I should be playing .50-1.00, but those limits don't interest me. It is not fun or enjoyable to grind $1 per hour, and I can't see the light at the end of the 2000 hour tunnel to sit there and do it.

So what do I do, I take a shot at 3-6, at this level the money starts to mean something, and this is the level I'd like to play/learn at for at least 1000 hours. I ran/played good for 50 hours had my bankroll up to 700, then things started to turn and I started to run bad. This along with my type A personality led me to the 5-10 table because I could win it back faster. However that was just a joke and now I've gone broke 2 out of 2 times I've tried to build a bankroll.

I know playing above your bankroll (way above in my case) is a sure way to go bust, but I have no interest in limits below 3-6.

Should I just try to work and save enough money to have a decent 3-6 bankroll, or should I just keep taking these kind of shots, because as DS says, eventually one of the shots will pay off.

I need some serious advice.

Thanks for listening.