View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Worst sports injury that happened to you personally

Worst I've ever received:

High school weightlifting. I threw shotput and discus all through high school and in my freshman year, I was weightlifting doing cleans (it's a clean-and-jerk where you don't throw the weight over your head, just so you know). I bent down to pick up the weight, straightened out, lifted and POP. The weight fell out of my hands and I was on the floor. I'd torn a muscle in my back and couldn't do anything but lay down for about a month.

Worst I've ever seen:

Track meet in high school. I was with some of my friends who were throwing javelin since I had a while before my events started and my coach was refereeing this event. A friend of mine who was one of the best javeling throwers in our league goes and mid-throw, someone runs out onto the field. My coach yells at him to get away, everyone is screaming for this guy to get off the field. He doesn't. The javelin goes through his shoulder. Good god.

Oh, at another track meet, I saw a guy get shot, but that wasn't related to the meet, so i guess it really wasn't sports related.