View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Busted Aces -- twice in one hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and by the way, on how to calculate it... lotsa folks on 2+2 use twodimes.net. I use this because I just like it better.

If you mean how do you actually do the math rather than just type the cards in somewhere, lol, I dunno. But plenty of people here do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry -- maybe the questions wasn't clear. I do use twodimes -- that is where the percentages I quoted came from.

I wanted to know the chance of being beaten by BOTH hands -- not losing to either of the hands (which is what twodimes or the cardplayer calculator gives you when you put in all three hands). In the example above, I would have still been up on the hand if only the 99 had beaten me and I won the larger side pot. My AA had to be cracked twice to lose this hand.

Assuming these were independent events, I think I would multiply the probability of losing one hand by the probability of losing the other hand in order to calculate the probability of losing both (2.28% in this case, I believe). But since these events are interrelated, I assume the probability of losing to both hands is even less -- maybe its not significantly less...