View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 11:05 PM

Default boo hiss: sort of a bad beat story; ignore

Okay so here I am at Stars in a $30 two table sit and go. Six players remain and I have 9400 chips, well in the lead. There are two pretty small stacks, around 2000, so I am pretty much expecting to make the money at least. Little do I know something remarkable is about to take place.

Blinds 200-400 with 25 ante. I pick up QQ in the cutoff. Folded to me, I open for 2000, big blind moves in for 200 more, I call, he has aces.

Just over 7000 left in my stack. Next hand. I find AK suited. Folded to me and I open for 2000 again. Small blind, the same guy as before, calls. Flop: A K 7, two clubs. He checks. Now is no time to mess around so I move in. He calls, as he would: he has aces.

This leaves me with about 2000 and I'm in move-in-or-fold mode. Next hand I find QQ under the gun, so I move in. Wouldn't you know it, the button, whom I have just doubled up twice, calls. Again he has aces.

There are lots of ways to lose a nice chunky stack in a tournament, but this is one of the more entertaining ones I think. And it's not really a bad beat story because I was never in front.

Guy.