View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 08:40 AM

Default Re: 3 Critical spots

Hands 1 and 2 are hard to argue. Hand 3 is somewhat hard to argue, although I probably would have done that too. I mean, all of these are bad beats obviously, and none od them is terrible.

One thing I have been working lately in my own game is that for a while I was getting unecessarily over-agressive with the all ins. This can cause you problems because it leaves you with a lot of coin flip situations that maybe would not have happened after a flop. For instance, take hand 3. I don't know how this played out post flop, but lets say you just call and the flop misses him. He checks to you, and NOW you push him in. I think he's far less likely to call, especially in low limit SNGs where players have no idea how to play short stacks against a small field (because if he knew what he was doing he would have just pushed it in in the first place.) I've come to the conclusion that in a lot of these siutations where people are just calling stations willing to take a coin flip, its better to see a flop first. Once they really know they have [censored] its much easier to get rid of them. I don't know how others feel about this, its just been on my mind lately.

Hey, as long as we're talking bad beats stories, last night I was short stacked on the bubble in the Stars $3 rebuy and pushed it in with TT. Called by AK. Flop QTQ. YES! Turn Q. River Q. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]