View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Second set of tables (recap et al)

Great post, Vinny. Well, as HelmetSky, I found some new ways of spelling it... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. It's just Helmet & Sky, although many people at the tables call me Helmut too... I liked Helmutsky the best, it's like a polish noble name or something.

It was a great tourney indeed. I caught some good hands early on, to build a massive stack, but when we went to the final table, I found Kurn at my left. He was about 1/6 my stack at the time, but very aggressive. I had to adjust to his game, and it took me quite a while. But he really played great. There's a lot to learn from his small-stack game, mid-stack game, and big stack (at the end).

When it was only the two of us, blinds were already huge (400/800). He was ahead from the begining, and we played for a while without seeing any flops. My stack got a little short after maybe 18 hands, and the last hand went this way:

Kurn T19920
Me T7080

Blinds 400/800, ante 50. (next hand, 600/1200 I think).

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the BB, Kurn raises to 3200, I raise all-in and he calls. Kurn shows 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
(Well, at least mine is soooted!)

Board: J-2-K-T-5

Another 2+2 SNG is over. Couldn't ask for a better one...

(BTW, I knew someday I'll face Kurn Heads-up. It happaned sooner than I thought... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

PrayingMantis