View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 03:59 PM

Default What is the most frustrating thing that happens to you in a SNG?

What things really get to you...? This is the thing that pisses me off the most:

There are 5 stacks left, with blinds really high (150/300), mostly because of poor play by people, folding to small stacks when it is a clear call because of pot odds.

(This is a non-specific example)

I have around the 2nd or 3rd most amount of chips. When it is not my blind, everyone generally folds to eachother, or limp then fold on the flop. EVERY time it gets to my BB, someone pushes, and everyone folds to me, when Im holding 2 4 in the BB. So I fold. Next orbit, round of folds, then it gets to me in the BB again. Somebody pushes, and I look down at 9 7. Again I am forced to fold....

These are the SNG's where I have 2500+ chips, and sometimes still bust on the bubble (mind you only starting with 800 chips). What usually happens is, I dont pick up any cards and get blinded down to about 1200. Then I pick up an AQ, push, get called by the big stack with 22 (who is all of a sudden no longer tight), and get busted.

This post was spawned by just having 2 SNG's in a row where I had 2400 and 2700, and busted 4th in both, with the exact same situations happening in both.

What are the things that really get inside your head while playing SNG's?