View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 03:32 PM

Default Re: The Bruins are now a public team

I was stunned when I saw that line. These are two teams that have shown very large home/road differentials in recent years. I don't know if I would say though this UCLA team is the best, I think they are very similar to last year's team which did not show up in any of their big games in conference play. What they do have though is a favorable schedule with the top two teams (Oregon and Washington) coming to the Rose Bowl. Stanford is definitely the sleeper, they have put up a ton of points against at least decent teams and everyone that saw them late last year knows to fear them. Like anything else, it will come down to injuries and I think the Bruins are very thin in that department. As for this week, I agree its not quite a pick, at least yet, but the Beavers are getting my attention. They get back to playing on turf where their speed becomes a bigger factor. Further anyone that looks at UCLA's recent history has to cringe when laying points on the road. And yes indeed this number has "public team" written all over it.