View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Two poorly played preflop hands that turned into 2nd best....need help

Hand 1: I raise preflop to my standard raise $2. I raise $2 on flop with what is very likely the best hand. On turn, I raise the pot. But I like to do this with a wider variety of hands, so my opponent is hard put to figure out what I’ve got. I fold to hard reraises except with the twopair, where calling is good against weak Party fish.

Hand 2: Easy fold every time from UTG+1. Maybe with loose passive table I might limp once in a while, or if table is weak/tight I’ll raise to my standard $2. On flop I raise to $2. You will win the vast majority of time now, so get more money in. You only make big money on this hand when a second best hand is made, so with spades and straight draws or overpairs, I want to charge them something to call but not too much, and I want trip 8s to reraise me. I raise to $2 on flop should price in most hands here while still building the pot. On turn, I raise. Trip 8s, pocket 77 or flushes should call. If you lost on river its bad luck, cards happen.