Thread: Seat Selection
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Seat Selection

For many of you who play the 109's and the 215's (and possibly the 55's)seat selection probably has more to do with good players you recognize at the table than anything else. For the rest of us, seat selection doesn't matter, as long as it makes playing multiple tables easier. I've found that this entails having all of your seats towards the center of the screen so that you can see all your hands by glancing at one place. Many people I've talked to will just take the corner they need first, but if that is unavailable, just take a seat one to the right or left of it.

I, however, refuse to do this. And it has nothing to do with being anal about having my seats perfectly centered.

Here's my thought - Since most good players will always sit on the corner of a table (as they will probably be playing multiple tables). Therefore, if I occupy a corner of the table, the spot that good players will first go for, I am decreasing the chance that I am sitting with other good players. Some good players who are either anal or think the same way i do may not sit at a table AT ALL if they can't get a corner seat. For this reason, I believe never sitting at a seat other than a corner seat to be +EV.

Thoughts?