View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 10:15 AM

Default Re: There Are Twelve 2+2ers in My Home Right Now

Crazy Fox is a fun game. I felt like a fish out of water but it was a blast.

This one hand, I have Kc Qs Jc Jh and limp UTG, Barry on my left raises. I don't remember preflop action after that, but the end result is Tommy on my right (BB) folded and I called one SB against Barry. Tommy says cool, I can sweat you on this one and Noted Poker Authority E.M., standing behind me, also says the same.

The flop is Ks Js 8s. I bet and Barry calls. Now it is time to discard one. I want to toss my Q because I have a boat with my KJJ. But, I realize, I do not have a boat. But all the same, the K "fits" a lot with the board. I realize the Q gives me the flush draw so it provides more outs/insurance. Maybe I could suck out on myself? So with Ed and Tommy both watching me hem and haw -- I toss the K. Afterwards I get the thumbs up from both of them. An easy decision I am sure, but the first time I had even considered this situation, since I had never thought about the game before.

In another hand I limp UTG with Jh Jd Th 9d. I believe one or two more limp and then Clarky raises on the button. I call with the others. The flop is Jc Js 8c. Clarky seems a bit pouty tonight with a big headache. I check-call his flop bet. Turn Ac and he checks behind me. I realize he has checked behind at least three times tonight on both turn and river, even after capping the flop. So on the river, I think an offsuit 2, I bet. He simply folds. Here I am trying to rope a dope, but I don't have the dope.

2+2ers are excellent peoples. Dynasty, thanks for hosting all of us in your home.