View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Noobs report in.

I started playing poker seriously and lurking 2+2 boards about a year ago, and registered last December. I found out about them from the cover of TPFAP & then I devoured a few other 2+2 books and realized they were quality. Like many here I am guessing, I am competitive and want to be the best at whatever game I play. (Also I have an engineering degree, which is apparently a prerequisite to post here.) I played limit and bonus whored from August '04 to May of this year or so, started at .50/1 and worked my roll up to 5/10, and just recently started SNGs more seriously this summer, working from 6s to 33s.

I started posting more here when I felt more familiar and comfortable, so that I could hopefully contribute and not detract. It's intimidating to post something different from someone who 8-tables 215s or pose a question to them when you know ish about SNGs. Now I would rather make a mistake here than on the table, so I try to respond to questions and then see what others have discussed. It's helped my game, no doubt, but it's tough to do at first.

I'll be around a while I'm guessing.