View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: More fun with variance - monte carlo results

To everyone who is interested in seeing some particular run, give me:
Level (or buy in and payout structure if it is not a party stt)
win, place and show percentages
number of STT's each "player" plays (I did 10k for this since that is reasonably into "the long run". There is little danger at that point of a player with 1/11 ROI ever being negative or close enough to zero to worry about it.)
number of players you want run through (again, 10K gives a lot of good statitics, and you will see about the worst you can expect. even if you wanted to see short runs of STT's, a lot of players taking those short runs will give you a better understanding of the deviation.)

If there is any other data you would like to see, let me know. I whipped this program up in short order just to get my bearings on generic MTT tool. (those of you who have read poker, gaming and life by DS will recognize that he had an MTT chapter that did some monte carlo analysis. That made me think about building a tool to explore things a little more than he did. I will actually do design work on that tool, which will be able to do STT's, too, but in the mean time it is trivial to change the parameters on the monte carlo simulation I have.)