View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: PLO: Bare Trips and Top Two

Top two is a tough hand to play and you should learn to get away from it easily. There aren't a lot of cards that you'll be happy to see on the turn. In your specific example, luckily there is no flush draw so we don't have that to worry about. If there was a bet and a raise in front of me I'd fold. If there was a bet right before me, I would raise it. If it was checked to me I would bet it. If there was a bet and more than 1 before me I'd have to consider. I would probably call and see what the turn brings. The only cards you want to see are a T, 9, or lower than 6. If there was a flush draw and someone bet and there was a call I would fold.

In the second hand, I would raise this preflop everytime. Also, if you're raising preflop, raise the pot, don't raise it in between - there's no point in doing that. I don't know if you're actually having trouble playing this hand, or if you're just getting drawn out on a lot. All you have to do is bet it. Like you said, you're not going to get any action from anyone else unless they have an Ace, and if you're hand is that strong, they have a lot of catching up to do.