View Single Post
Old 12-11-2001, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Crazy Games (loooong)

I'm no big expert, but we play enough of these kind of wacky pot-building games in our game, and I'll give you my humble opinion...in a very vague kind of way

I think you could probably play looser on early rounds for image purposes; just keep avoiding getting in jeapordy when it comes to the pot-sized decisions. I routinely take one or two more cards, often throwing in raises, sometimes even when I have pretty much no chance of making anything in these games; ie, I give plenty action early; that's my image contribution. Then I turn clam-like, but noone seems to notice once the pot is juiced up a bit. Those times a hand does come in for you, the pots tend to be huge and more than compensate for the numerous smaller previous losses.

I think these kind of games can be very profitable; you don't have to just survive through them to get to your call. If your games anything like mine, there will be one or two players who just HAVE to see what kind of hand they make, and often get stuck feeling like they have to try and win the pot with mediocre holdings. They provide a big overlay for you.

G