View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Starting a home tourny - single table with a rebuy, need help

Cross referenced in the home poker forum

I play in a weekly low low limit home game.

Everyone buys in for $10 and we play a mixuture of NL games.

Up until recenlty we also played single table tournaments, everyone buys in for $1 and winner takes all.

Recently 2 new players have joined our weekly home game, neither of them likes playing tournaments "cause its boring and takes to long" - yes they bust out early

Now I enjoy playing tournaments and want to get them back into the rotation. So in an effort to get these 2 invovled and make everyone happy I was thinking of increasing the buy in, changing the payout structure and implementing a rebuy period.

Im hoping the rebuy will keep players who bust out early happy and put more money in the prize pool so that it becomes "more interesting to play and watch"

The changes i want to make are

$3 buy in (up from $1)

3rd place gets their money back, 2nd 30% of whats left and 1st place takes the remaining 70%

As for the rebuy, well this is where i need help. To be quite honest i have no idea how the rebuy works.

First let me ask, can players who have been knocked out rebuy back into the tournament, or is it only for players still in???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Is the rebuy the same as the initial buy in?? (ie in my case $3) or more for the same amount of chips??

When do players get the chance to rebuy (what level)?

Any other suggestions or comments are welcome

Thanks

Gahnia radula