View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: $10+1: Steal now to preserve future FE?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have stolen the blinds the last 2 hands in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a tight table. So you accumulated 300 chips in the last two hands, starting with just 400. Nice job.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually an unusually tight-aggressive table for the $10+1s in that most pots were being opened with a raise, hence my inability to steal effectively any earlier. I was very very very patient before I got crazy from the button/CO those 2 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Your table image is very poor now. Someone's bound to play table cop with a hand like A9 soon. Anyway, from your post, I suspect you're feeling very anxious. Relax. You're fine, IMO. Should you push this hand? I wouldn't. I would wait for a premium hand, or wait to push any two against the guys who just folded the previous orbit to your pushes. They obviously are VERY tight. It would cost your 300 to gain 600 that route. Hopefully, a few others will knock each other out in the meantime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't considered that the blind increase also made everyone else a little more desperate. (I knew I bought TPFAP for a reason [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). So perhaps my share of the prize pool now has a better chance of increasing now that the chance of fireworks has increased? Is this what you're saying?

Regarding waiting for a premium hand-- what if I had NOT stolen twice in a row at this unusually tight table? Would preserving future FE be the deciding factor here to include 89o in my push range, since my image hasn't deteriorated to the point where a table cop needs to call with Ax?