View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: $215 - Playing my first right now. Anyone want to sweat me?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't go into any SNG with the attitude that you are dead money. Don't play any form of poker thinking that you're dead money.

Not to get all Stuart Smalley on you, but as long as you play solid poker, you stand a chance against any opposition if the deck hits you hard enough and the cards fall your way.

I will never play an SNG at any level with the attitude that I don't have as good a chance as anybody else in the game. Even if that's being overly optimistic, I'm not going to give my opposition the added advantage of me not playing my game with confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid advice, thank you.

I have found that most of my most costly leaks are purely psychological. I always seem to think along weird lines such as: "I know I should fold this, but this guy is just leaning on me because I folded to his minraise on the last hand. We'll see how he likes my gutsy reraise." And other nonsense like that.

I am currently at 41%ITM in the 55s, with a 19% ROI, so I am not a total donk. I know how to play straight value poker, but my god-damned-overanalyzing-brain gets in the way sometimes.

The same thing happened when I jumped to the 22s from the 10s. It's the exact same game, but your opponents make less mistakes.

Why, all of the sudden believe I can call an UTG limp reraise with J9d on the button is beyond me.

My motivations for playing are a lot different than most on the forum. It will take me a little while to get acclimated to the higher altitude, but eventually, I will be be as comfortable as a sherpa.

Thanks again for the thoughts.