View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Gives trouble to me, that KQ does....

I call the first hand...I don't like doing it but I will. I just can't see anything that beats you thinking he'll get action by betting 3x pot. So I grit my teeth and call.

The 2nd hand I figure this. I ignore being up against a set because I have 2 pair. I worry about the other guy having Ax (where x is a K,Q,or J)...I worry but I'm gonna risk his drawing out because I think I can get him to double me up. And I think it will be worth the risk. So, I check, call the flop. I bet the turn about 1/2 pot if he checks behind on the flop. I check the turn if he bet the flop when I checked it to him. If the action goes check,bet,call on the flop. It will go check, bet , push if the opponent obliges. If he checks behind on the turn after I check call him on the flop, I'll put in an ambigious value/steal bet in on the river.

Over all I think if it possible for me to get any action at all I can double up if I risk a 4 (maybe 6) outer type draw against me. If the opponent has something like 77 and won't put a dime more in the pot I'm only risking a 2 outer if he takes the free card.

I think I will generate enough doubt in a players head to get them commited to a hand like AK,AQ, or AA.