View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Chasing flush draws

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling here. If you had lead out on the flop and basically pot commited yourself, it's an easy call, but given the action, your overcard outs are dubious and it's early. I just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given the action before me, I wasn't sure what the best line was, but I figured with my two overcards, things looked pretty good.

Let's assume for the moment my Ace and King are good. That's 6 outs, plus the 9 flush cards. And, a very distant inside straight draw.

So, these are my in the game thoughts...
I've got 15 outs, and 47 unseen cards. Two cards to come, that's got to be decent odds. There's 1550 in the pot, with potentially more from the intial bettor still yet to act. I've got 700 to call. 2.2:1 pot odds. Potential implied odds are 2.75:1.

Anyway, what's ringing in the back of my mind is Adanthar's comments to always play pot odds. So, I'm in this boat, and I don't know how to calculate pot odds with two cards to come. Any help?

PS - Yugo, I post here often enough, and frequently give my buyin, but you're right, I should have included. $33 buyin.