View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: TT in EP level 1

[ QUOTE ]
Folding to the push is mandatory here. Another line you could try is just calling from the SB and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: I know this is only the second hand but if i strongly suspect someone has bluffed me off the first hand, then i'm taking them to the wire with JJ on the second hand. Think you have to trust your instincts and your one and only read here and play it. I'm not worried about the BB, as if he had a better hand then JJ i think he would have already raised rather then called.

With the likely dead money in the pot from the BB if you call the all in, plus up against a suspected maniac who i wouldn't be surprised to see him turn over only one over card or a smaller pocket pair, added to the fact you've already invested a moderate amount into the pot there is no way folding is mandatory. If i get my read wrong and bust out? well, on to the next tourney.

Back to hand one... I prefer to raise with TT as more often then not it is the best hand. I think you played this fine. There are a lot of idiots on the 11s, but still think you're right to try and thin the field with TT, but just play it carefully after the flop.