Thread: Image
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Image

I think the only ones you're really fooling are the tourists themselves, and they wouldn't have noticed anyway. I guarantee you the color of your shirt will have no impact on my evaluation of your play. You could even try wearing one of those giant cameras around your neck (you know the ones they wear for Tacky Tourist Parties?). That ain't gonna work either. The only way you will convince me you are a bad player is if you start making lots of marginal and bad plays, play too many hands out of position, make -EV draws, etc, in which case...you are a bad player. I always start with the assumption that every player is a little above average. You see, when I watch you play, I will have enough information to fairly accurately assess your skill level in no time at all, quite possibly before I even play my first hand against you. What you are espousing is basically the Caroesque image, and this is one aspect of Mr. Caro's teachings that don't hold a lot of water. I think the best image is a tight aggressive player that never seems to lose and that no one really wants to tangle with. That way your only image play you have to make is to play your very best game all time.