Thread: straight draw
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Re: straight draw

[ QUOTE ]
SaltCracka raises (400) to 400-----> what do you think of the raise, I mostly wanted to steal the blinds if I could, but content to see a flop as well

[/ QUOTE ]

300 will usually accomplish the same thing for less. Fine to steal with, but must be careful if you're called and toss if you're raised.

[ QUOTE ]
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9h, 3c, 7h ]---> strange flop for me, double belly buster draws

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a double belly buster was when 2 cards give you a different inside straight. Like if 986 had flopped and the J or 7 would work for you.

[ QUOTE ]
av187 bets (600)----> so now he goes all in, but I have a open ended staright draw, should I call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to know how many outs you have if you're behind (and I'd say you're almost always behind here). Any J figures to be good, as he most likely would've bet the flush draw on the flop. Q may be good. And the 10 is iffy.

The pot is laying about 2.4 to 1 on your call, which means you need about 14 outs to call. Call me weak, but I don't see it. I'd fold and still have the chip lead.