Thread: Sweet chess run
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Sweet chess run

I was getting killed playing poker dropping just under 100k in four days, so I decided to play some chess, to invite justice back into my life.

I was only barely expert strength in my playing days, and much worse now, but I logged onto my friends ICC who has a 5 minute rating of 2200+ (highest in the world is 2600). 2200 is super strong in 5 minute and probabbly around 2400 strength USCF. So I get in there and beat a few 2100's 5 minute guys, and next thing you know I am playing 4 IM's and 2 GM's in a row. In the next 11 games I went something like 7-2-2. I ended up with 3 or 4 victories against strong IM's and a draw against GM Christiansen (had help from a friend in that game though) where i choked away a rook an pawn ending up two pawns, both connected and passed on the 6th and allowed a draw. That was for sure my best chess run ever. I'm sure nobody cares, but I'd thought I brag anyway. My apologies to the few superstar chess players on this forum who would see this as a normal day's work (i.e. curtains). If i could find the games in my library still, I would have posted my favorite games, but alas I can't.