View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 01:32 AM

Default Re: What are odds of this kind of Bad Beat Streak?

No, of course it wasn't 24 hands in a row. This was over the course of maybe 3 hrs. I was getting incredible starting hands for this period of time, hitting the flop hard, and getting sucked out on on the river. Now, of course there were a few hands during this time in which I wasn't a 75% favorite (hands in which i was a dog, hands in which I mucked on the flop, on the turn, on the river). But I'm only interested in the number of hands in which I saw the flop, was a huge favorite (average 75%), and got sucked out on in inhumane ways. There were 22 of these, and 2 in which I saw the showdown and won--the only 2 pots I won during this 3 hr period. The hands that began multi-way all became heads-up after the flop. Anyway, to answer the previous posters concerns, this is not 24 hands in a row. That would be impossible. I find it hard to believe I even saw the flop 24 times in 3 hrs. But, as I say, it seemed as though I was getting one monster starting hand after another. Had pocket Aces 5 times. Pocket Queens twice, Kings Once, Jacks twice, Tens 3 times. AQ 3 times. AK 3 times. Lost flopped sets to flushes and runner runner flushes w/o filling up/ Lost flopped top-2 pair to runner-runner str8s, etc. You know, imagine your last 2 months worht of bad beats, occuring in one 3 hr period. Anyway, I'm just concerned with the probability of losing 22 hands (or more) out of 24, in which the player is a 75% favorite. I appreciate the help.